Celenit is a series of thermal and acoustic insulation panels made from mineralised fir wood-wool coated in the mineral binder, Portland cement. Further Celenit products include the important series of sandwich panels obtained by joining one or two panels with other insulating products, thus uniting the best characteristics of all the components.
65% of Celenit is made up of long, strong fir fibres, the remaining 35%
being made up of mineral binders, mainly Portland cement. The fibres are
mineralised, a procedure which, while retaining the mechanical properties
of the wood, stops the process of biological deterioration, renders the
fibres completely inert and increases their level of fire resistance. The
fibres are then coated in Portland cement, bound together under pressure
in order to create a stable, resistant, compact and long-lasting structure.
The cellular structure of the wood gives the insulation panels lightness and elasticity.
The sound absorption and the excellent ability to adhere to all forms of mortar are due to the gaps between the fibres. The combination of wood and Portland cement, joined under pressure, determines the product's compactness and strength, two qualities always appreciated in the building trade.
These characteristics make Celenit a multi-purpose product of great adaptability in the building industry.
It is used for:
The combination of wood and Portland cement forms a light, porous structure made up of numerous cavities, and it is these that deaden sound waves, turning the panels into excellent sound-absorbers and acoustic insulators when placed between walls, under floors, etc.